Strange snails

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

anna11

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I got 2 ivory mystery snails. I have had black and yellow before. I also have nerites currently. These two snails I got last week they are large size these things I thought there was something wrong because they were in their shells well I discovered after the lights go off they go crazy why on earth are they only coming out at night? I've never seen this behavior in 10 years of fish keeping. My ghost cat is only nocturnal as well he sleeps in the corner all day until the light goes out. Everyone else in my tank is out during the day my fish, shrimp and nerites.

So I got 2 ivory mystery snails. I have had black and yellow before. I also have nerites currently. These two snails I got last week they are large size these things I thought there was something wrong because they were in their shells well I discovered after the lights go off they go crazy why on earth are they only coming out at night? I've never seen this behavior in 10 years of fish keeping. My ghost cat is only nocturnal as well he sleeps in the corner all day until the light goes out. Everyone else in my tank is out during the day my fish, shrimp and nerites.
Please upload a vid if possible?

We bought what we thought was a mystery snail a couple of months ago. We brought it home and noticed that it didn't have an operculum, so we thought maybe it was a nerite. It is a master escape artist, and will travel yards during the night. It doesn't move at all during the day. I have no idea what it is.

I know that's not helpful, but at least you're not alone?

Please upload a vid if possible?
Why? There's no reason to. I am just asking seeing if others have any of the same behaviors in their tank. What would a video do.

Back
Top Bottom