Strange Worms in an Empty cycling Tank ..What to Do

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tremper51

Aquarium Advice Newbie
hello everyone... i have a 75 gallon tank that im cycling fishless...everything was going slow but still good until about 2 days ago. i unpluged my fluval 406 to put it on a surge protector and i got alittle pre occupied and came back 15 mins later to plug it back in and when i did small small white worms about the size of fabric thread and maybe 1/4 to 3/8ths long came outta the filter!!!??!! i didnt relize at first they were alive but then they started moving like a mosquito larve does just kinda squirming but not getting anywhere..they have no heads or eyes that i can see and free float in the tank...i notice them most when the bottom of the tank gets stirred up...the tank has nothing in it yet bc its still cycling and is a sand bottom that i rinsed very thoroughly before outting in and then just a couple fake plants and one decoration all washed as well...what are these and where do these worms come from...are they bad..and what to do abt them....any help is greatly appreciated,,thank you very much to anybody whos got any ideas

Are they these?
Worm in fish tank - YouTube

I had them in my fishless cycled tank a LOT of them. I was only using ammnonia. Cleaned it a few times and put the fish in when done. They ate the rest of them. No damage done.

They are pretty cool interesting how they just show up in there. LOL

No I'm not using any fish food tho I have read that it helps speed up the cycling process

The video that jlbfish posted is exactly what I have squirming around in the tank....so these little guys just pop up in ur tank from no where?? That kinda weird I guess we'll as long as their not harmful I guess my fire eel will eat them up

Back
Top Bottom