Suggestions on my 29 gal stocking ideas? :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

electromango

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi guys!

I want to start up a new tank. I have an empty 29 gallon available and i plan on starting up a community planted tank.

I'd like to have a male and female kribensis, 1 honey gourami, 6 celestial pearl danios, a few shrimp and snails.

I have a few questions though: will the krib pair become too aggressive towards the other fish if they breed? although my intention isn't to breed them, i read that they are happier in pairs but i'm worried that they may harm my other fish. or is there enough room?

Also, can i just buy a male and female krib from the store and they automatically pair off?

Finally, i heard both: that celestial pearl danios are great community fish, and that they are poor community fish because of how shy they are. is this true or would they work in my setup?

Thank you very much for your help and time!

I would not recommend Kribensis for a community tank. They are cichlids and can be aggressive, especially when breeding. Honey Gouramis are peaceful, but why only one? Virtually all fish species do better with others of their own kind. Get a pair. Celestial Pearl Danios are nice fish, not particularly shy in my experience, but small.

Back
Top Bottom