sunsun canister

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishdud

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Ordered Monday and it just got here, I'll let y'all know how it goes!

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120726_155826.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120726_155826.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 130
  • ForumRunner_20120726_155852.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120726_155852.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 127
Guys, I need help. For some reason I can't get it to work. Should I fill the canister with water before plugging it in?

Yes. Use the priming button.
Open the valve. Depress that big button and hold for three seconds. It should start to fill after three to five pumps. Once it fills plug it in.
Make sure that the hoses are installed correctly. It also helps to not have any loops or dips in the hose's route to the tank. Can't believe I'm telling you this but... When I got my first one I had the intake and output hoses backward and spent over a half an hour trying to figure out why it wouldn't prime. Yup, DUH!

blert said:
Yes. Use the priming button.
Open the valve. Depress that big button and hold for three seconds. It should start to fill after three to five pumps. Once it fills plug it in.
Make sure that the hoses are installed correctly. It also helps to not have any loops or dips in the hose's route to the tank. Can't believe I'm telling you this but... When I got my first one I had the intake and output hoses backward and spent over a half an hour trying to figure out why it wouldn't prime. Yup, DUH!

Trust me Dude, I think I had it worse, idk how but when I disconnected it water starting inside the filter it overflowed.. now my carpet it all wet:/ but anyways I got it working but one question, should the piece that called the dirtiness entrance be above water?

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120726_180031.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120726_180031.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 220
"Dirtiness entrance". Gotta love those translators.

That is the surface skimmer. It is supposed to be right at the surface to, you guessed it, skim the surface of the water. If it is not self adjusting and your water level is not constant (evaporation) I have found them useless. If the water level drops it will start to suck air.

blert said:
"Dirtiness entrance". Gotta love those translators.

That is the surface skimmer. It is supposed to be right at the surface to, you guessed it, skim the surface of the water. If it is not self adjusting and your water level is not constant (evaporation) I have found them useless. If the water level drops it will start to suck air.

So in other words keep it above water? Is it even necessary?

It's not really supposed to be above the water level, it's supposed to be right at the water level. Surface water it supposed to flow into it, so you will have to adjust it as needed.

Mine is in a box in the garage. I jammed the plug into the hole.

So it's okay if it's underwater? Cause I wanna fill my tank back up cause it doesn't have much water cause I thought it was supposed to be above.

Yeah, it can be under the water line. Be careful that a fish doesn't get sucked in though. Just take it off and plug the hole if you don't want to use it.

Back
Top Bottom