Super active betta...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lilly123

Aquarium Advice Regular
I’ve had my betta for about a month and kept him in a 14L tank. For future reference, The tank has cycled, the parameters are 0 and the pH is 7 and the temp is about 27. He is extremely active and is swimming constantly, every 5-10 he has a little rest break but then is back to swimming around. Is this normal? My original theory was that he was kept in this tiny tank probably less than a litre when I got him, and he may just be happy to have all the space. I might just be paranoid but I read somewhere that they weren’t very active at and thought I’d ask in case there is something wrong.

Also I was wondering if anyone knew if my little fishy looks like a boy or girl. I’ve done some researching and apparently the male Bettas colours are more vibrant and the males in general are a lot prettier. Below is a picture of it (sorry it’s not very good quality, he won’t stop moving [emoji23]).

IMG_0001.jpg

TIA [emoji4]

My koi betta does the same thing. If I'm anywhere in the same room he's flying around the tank. I think it's just individual temperament as I've had betta that were lazy acting.

My koi betta does the same thing. If I'm anywhere in the same room he's flying around the tank. I think it's just individual temperament as I've had betta that were lazy acting.

Haha thanks [emoji4]

Just some advice, and it's worked well for me, in a tank your size I would change out 50% of the water every week. If you aren't already doing so.

Back
Top Bottom