Swordtails & Corys

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tran37

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My tank is stocked with red velvet swordtails, koi swordtails, and dwarf gouramis. I wanted to get some panda corys, just wondering if they would be compatible? Any help would be appreciated :)

That should be fine. Cory's hang out on the bottom most of the time and are extremely peaceful fish. The only aggression I have in my tank are from female guppies holding fry. They tend to chase and bump other guppies when there is food, but only nudge the Cory's during feeding time. The Cory's are persistent and come right back in to the food. If the entire shoal of Cories descends on a shrimp pellet or sinking wafer, the other fish don't even try to get in on it. I spread the shrimp pellets out for the Cory's, but the largest pregnant guppy will just patrol each site and try to hog it all. I think it's fun to watch though.

Awesome thanks for your help :D I'll be getting some pandas later today then. :)

No problem. You'll love them. One of, if not my favorite fish. It's the first and only fish I've seen or had that enjoyed playful activity. They swim with their reflections quite often, and on occasion they play in my bubble wall. Seeing them swim synchronized across the tank is pretty neat too.

Just keep in mind that they're very sensitive to poor water quality. You may want to consider doubling up on your water change frequency with these guys and keep the substrate as clean as possible.

Back
Top Bottom