Tank buddys

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

YaHemCheck

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have seen alot of debate over what to put in with freshwater stinkrays. I currently have aHystrix StingRay 6" in a wide 100 gallon tank. (will be getting a bigger one soon.) What do you recommend as tank mates? I have seen alot of people saying one is great than another saying thats a bad idea. Not much common ground when it comes too mates. Also is there anyway to prevent dig ups of my plants?

Thanks,
Josh

I don't know too much about stingrays but they do love to hide in sand which may uproot the plants that you currently have.

I don't know too much about stingrays but they do love to hide in sand which may uproot the plants that you currently have.
Yeah it the worst part lol. I like to make my tanks looks like there natural habitat but they ruin it for me lol

I know, it can be frustrating. Have you tried elevating some parts of the tank and putting some rocks/driftwood along with the plants there? They usually stay at the lowest levels and leave the higher level plants alone

I know, it can be frustrating. Have you tried elevating some parts of the tank and putting some rocks/driftwood along with the plants there? They usually stay at the lowest levels and leave the higher level plants alone
No i will have to try that thanks.

No problem. Try like a 8" elevation maybe more.

What do you think is a good size for a stingray? i have seen people saying 75-1000 gallons lol

bettaowner said:
Fire mouth cichlids are another option.

Firemouths would be great. Maybe neon tetras? Do you have any pictures of your tank?

bettaowner said:
Neon tetras would be eaten.

Totally forgot about that..... I love the black ghost knife, although I don't know if they're big enough

If you get a big enough tank you can get koi fish

I do not have a pic of my tank at the moment.

And ghost knife fish are awesome.

Back
Top Bottom