Tank creatures stressed out after water change

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Great news :) that's really good.

Thanks! :) They got tired but they were at it for an hour or two. It was fantastic.

Is it better to use a conditioner that detoxifies ammonia etc? Is it not good that I'm using stress coat?

Ours go up and take gulps, but, not excessively. Today while they were zooming around they were taking gulps and stuff.

Thanks! :) They got tired but they were at it for an hour or two. It was fantastic.

Is it better to use a conditioner that detoxifies ammonia etc? Is it not good that I'm using stress coat?

Ours go up and take gulps, but, not excessively. Today while they were zooming around they were taking gulps and stuff.

Imo (here we go :) ), stress coat is fine and a good product. I use that or a similar product for most of my water changes. I change about 30% each water change. So well-running, mature tank with good water supply I think all fine to use. Certainly wouldn't throw it out.

I've thought the stress coat helped with quicker healing of ripped fins. That's a little contentious though - out of interest have you noticed any difference using it?

I have a tub of seachem safe (dry form of prime), which will last for years (the only downside being one less excuse to go to a lfs). Great value product. I use this after major filter cleans and DIY substrate ferts tabs. Mainly for peace of mind. So it's like insurance but can work out cheaper to buy anyways.

http://www.seachem.com/Products/product_pages/Safe.html

Back
Top Bottom