Tank cycle???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

briemol12

Aquarium Advice Freak
I want to get excited but I am afraid something bad might happen. So I been testing my water daily and after 9 weeks I have finally got the right perimeters fresh water should have.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1422249056.486494.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1422249067.699456.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1422249080.321799.jpg
Posted the last 3 test I did to the water.

So if my water is stable now and my tank has finally cycle.
WHAT NOW?
I need tips on what to do to keep my water healthy.
pH. 7.6
Nitrites 0
Nitrates 0
Ammonia 0

Fish in tank.
10 neon tetras
1 Cory
2 mollies
3 balloon mollies
1 dwarf gourami
2 Plattys
3 babies

Plants
2 Anubis

Seems like my tank is full and perhaps overstock. Which I will not add any more fish.

Okay guys give me
Your tips! I appreciate all your knowledge.
-Bri

If your tank is cycled then you most definitely do not have 0 nitrates. It's commonly done improperly, but you have to do timed shaking of all the bottles in order to get the test to come out correctly. Follow the video instructions to the letter and see what your nitrates are.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1422304875.851970.jpg

Well I already had my spike of nitrites and nitrates they were off the roof and with water changes for over 2 weeks and a half it finally settle. So I don't know what to say

Have you tried dosing more ammonia(up to 2ppm) and seeing how long it takes for the ammonia to turn into nitrates?

Edit: Nevermind, didn't realize this was fish-in cycling.
Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Have you tried dosing more ammonia(up to 2ppm) and seeing how long it takes for the ammonia to turn into nitrates?

Edit: Nevermind, didn't realize this was fish-in cycling.

Yeah I have fish throw the process. They say when you wake up one day there should not be any nitrites or nitrates and poor I got none for the past 4 days.
I am pretty confident that my tank is cycle

Nitrates are the end product, and are removed by water changes or a heavily planted tank. Weird

Nitrates are the end product, and are removed by water changes or a heavily planted tank. Weird

Well I don't have a heavy planted tank only two good plants and water changes were big for 2 weeks and a half. So I finally cycle my tank. That's my thought

As was said, make sure with the second nitrate bottle you are slamming it against a table or something to loosen up and dissolve any solid crystallized matter so the test reads accurately. I'd do a water change and test in a couple of days, sounds like you're cycled though.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

As was said, make sure with the second nitrate bottle you are slamming it against a table or something to loosen up and dissolve any solid crystallized matter so the test reads accurately. I'd do a water change and test in a couple of days, sounds like you're cycled though.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I've been testing my water daily. But will do tomorrow. My water it's so crystal clear. I am happy! Yet want another tank. Not a tall tank but long :)

Sounds to me like you are cycled. I concur with the above post, the second testing bottle for nitrate needs to be banged on something......

Okay will do :) I'll post the result tomorrow when I do it :) thanks everyone

Back
Top Bottom