Tank paint

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

earhtmother

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Not a fan of painted tank backs BUT there are now too many cords etc behind the tanks to leave them *naked*
I know ordinary house paint is the cheapest solution but if I'm going to have to do this I would prefer something *different*
Have considered this style of paint but I'm looking for other opinions and options esp in regard to colour.
Screenshot_20190704-222846_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20190704-222858_Chrome.jpg

Why not just get a background? You should be able to find them in all sorts sizes. I don't have one on my tank so I don't know how expensive they are. You could cut bristle board or another type of paper to size and find a way to hang it on the back but in front of the cords.
Other than that I've seen tanks with either black or blue painted on the back to hide the cords.
Of course the most expensive thing would be to have tall plants or other decorations in front of the cords.

I don’t see any reason against it as long as you don’t get any on inside and even then it could be ok but I just don’t know that. I spray painted mine black with I think that same type and it turned out great after 3 coats. It looks pretty cool and I bet the grey looks super cool

I used regular Krylon gloss blue on my 40g. I put a whole can on the back. If you go with spray paint, make sure you mask the entire tank off inside and out.

Back
Top Bottom