tank pricing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Phoenixphire55

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm thinking about my future amazon tank and trying to figure out what size I want to get. I'm thinking between 30 and 40 gallons. How much would a corner tank be at say 38 gallons? Idk all the sizes and shapes that I could do but I'm thinking I'd rather not use a long tank or a breeder because I'll have a very big ~60 gallon long or breeder for my future goldfish, and I dont want two big long tanks. Any ideas?

It probably depends on where you get it, to be honest. Different stores have different prices for tanks. I suggest you go visit the LFS in your area and see what is available and what the prices are and do some comparing before you buy. I can tell you that breeder tanks are more expensive and not as common. I paid $100 for a new 40 breeder (just the tank) at a chain store, but I wanted it that bad and couldn't find one anywhere else. Corner tanks and funky shapes may be more expensive as well, but I personally haven't priced them. Go have a look at the LFS and take a notebook with you. :)

You'll have more fish options with a longer/rectangle shaped tank than you will with a hex, corner, or really tall tank. Fish swim horizontally, so getting something super tall (like a hex) that doesn't have alot of length will limit stocking. You can't put as many fish in a 40 hex as you can in a 40 regular IMO because of lack of swimming space. If you can find a 40 breeder for a good price, its a good shape tank. Otherwise, a standard 30 or 40g would be better than a corner or hex tank.

Back
Top Bottom