Tank switcheroo with Pictures

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

spoonman

Aquarium Advice Addict
So, I have a friend that has a house full of fish tanks and they lost their job. They asked if I could take some of their fish so that they would be guarenteed to have good homes. So, of course I said yes. This necessatated a tank switch. I had the 115G as my cichlid tank and my 140G as a community tank. Since most of the fish are cichlids or aggresive, I found it necessary to switch the tanks and make the larger tank my cichlid tank. Here are the results. I completely drained the 140 and took out all the pfs and put egg crate in the bottom since I was going to put a bunch more lace rock in it for the cichlids. Let me know what you think. The mix of fish in the cichlid tank isnt ideal but is working so far. Also, if you could help identify a few of the fish in this post I would appreciate it.

Attachments

• IMG_7215.jpg
    IMG_7215.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_7220.jpg
    IMG_7220.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_7221.jpg
    IMG_7221.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_7217.jpg
    IMG_7217.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 67
Can you identify these????

img_1109608_0_7131bde4c6589c9451d8c4bc557b945a.jpg

Green terror????

img_1109608_1_92076ea17b87afd3d7ec3e283c6caba6.jpg

No idea. Pointy face like Haps, though.....?????

img_1109608_2_a6b768ee7d9cb60702584a8b44f891ed.jpg

Bumblebee?????

img_1109608_3_b15d78bee059404a2fc84c6b91ca4487.jpg

No clue on this one. Not a pacu though, i dont think.

Any help would be appreciated.

The first one looks like a Blue Acara... 2nd looks like a geophangus steinachneri...3rd has the shape of a peacock

I am not 100% on any of the guesses...

That first 1 is not a blue acara. It is a green terror, Looks like a male. You can tell its a green terror from there beautiful orange rim on there tail and top fin and the beautiful green glowing marking on its face. Second looks like some sort of mabua. 3rd same. And the 4th is scat, A brackish fish. Nice by the way. What kind of cichlids did you combine? Are you planning on rectafing that? I see south american cichlids and mabuas. Not a expert on mabuas. Also dont know how to spell it. lol.

BTW welcome back spoonman, longtime no see, hows things goin?

EDIT: looks like spotted green scat to be specific. BTW good guess lowryder.

BTW welcome back spoonman, longtime no see, hows things goin?

EDIT: looks like spotted green scat to be specific. BTW good guess lowryder.

Have not been on much recently. My Dad has been sick and I have been working alot. My Dad had kidney failure and was real sick. He is doing better now and is doing dialysis twice a week. I went back to Wisconsin to help out for a week and help him take care of some stuff around the house. This is the first major stuff I have done with my tanks for a while. I have the terror and scat with my Mbuna but will try to remedy that. I know scats are brackish, but she has had this scat for 4 years and it has been only fresh water. All are getting along good and dont have any problems. Will wait and see. Thanks for asking!

Sorry to hear about your dad, I am a dialysis social worker. He should feel a lot better now.

I thought I was bad with a 90 gal fresh.

Have not been on much recently. My Dad has been sick and I have been working alot. My Dad had kidney failure and was real sick. He is doing better now and is doing dialysis twice a week. I went back to Wisconsin to help out for a week and help him take care of some stuff around the house. This is the first major stuff I have done with my tanks for a while. I have the terror and scat with my Mbuna but will try to remedy that. I know scats are brackish, but she has had this scat for 4 years and it has been only fresh water. All are getting along good and dont have any problems. Will wait and see. Thanks for asking!

O, i am sorry to hear that. Give him my best of wishes, i had a friend that went through dialysis and it isnt fun. Nice to see you havent let the tanks go south and your workin hard, i respect that. Ya, i actually have always wanted to do a brackish tank full of scat. That sounds weird :silly:.

thats really nice... cant wait till i get the space to a tank that size

Back
Top Bottom