Tank won't cycle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I did a fish in cycle on my 75g with 35 fish. I used prime to condition my water (before adding it to the tank) and I used seachems stability. (In the tank) it was cycled controlling its own ammonia after 2 weeks, just those two products, what's your filter? Maybe look into getting something with a bio wheel, they help tremendously to establish bacteria. Some even say if you have a bio wheel you don't need gravel.
If its a smaller tank Aqueon makes great smaller filters set up to support bacteria.

What is Seachem stability? I've never heard of it or seen it. I have API quick start that I add. It said nitrifying bacteria which is what I was told to make sure it said, so if people on this thread don't like that kind, I'm sorry. I just did what I was told. It's a good thing I got only one exam left. I need a vacation badly.

Stability is synonymous with quick start I believe, It aids to support the development of beneficial bacteria.

I recently switched to using Prime. It's ok by itself? I thought it was, but if I'm screwing everything up, I need to know. It smells awful when I first add it to the new water, but it quickly goes away.

Yep, its perfectly fine by itself! And it does smell a bit nasty so thats normal. :)

Stability is synonymous with quick start I believe, It aids to support the development of beneficial bacteria.

Good lord, I need more sleep before I take my meds. First time "synonymous" and "absolute" looked exactly the same. Ok. Now that I can read, my filter is a Tetra Whisper 10gal with a biofilter cartridge and bioscrubber insert. I put an Aquaclear ammonia removing media behind the cartridge because my ammonia goes way high all the time. Others on another thread advised it along with the bacteria.

Yep, its perfectly fine by itself! And it does smell a bit nasty so thats normal. :)

Then I haven't destroyed it YET. Gimme time. I'm sure something will go wrong soon. Once I get my own place and know what all I need for the cichlid tank I want someday, that thing is cycling fish out. I am not fighting with that thing again. I've learned my lesson. Lol.

Back
Top Bottom