Test Results

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jonny1982

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
What is the recommended fix for the following problems with a freshwater 29 gallon tank?

PH levels to high?

PH levels to low?

Nitrate levels to high?

Nitrate levels to low?

Amonia levels to high?

Amonia levels to low?

Thanks

Well, if your ammonia is too high, its time for a water change, at least 25%. Also, if your ph is too high, I used API ph down. Everytime i dose i lose .2 PH.

Hope that thelps!

What is the recommended fix for the following problems with a freshwater 29 gallon tank?

PH levels to high?

PH levels to low?

Nitrate levels to high?

Nitrate levels to low?

Amonia levels to high?

Amonia levels to low?

Thanks

PH shouldn't need to be messed with. It's better to keep it constant than it is to be fighting to keep it at a certain level. Most fish, especially those that aren't wild caught, can adjust to your pH if acclimated properly. If you really want to change it there are better methods than adding chemicals such as peat moss in the filter or driftwood to lower it and baking soda or crushed coral to increase it.

Nitrates being too high, water change. Being too low, unless you're growing plants I wouldn't worry about them being low, you should aim for under 40ppm and most people aim for under 10ppm. If you're growing plants you use fertilizer, KNO3, to increase nitrates.

Ammonia too high means you don't have a fully cycled tank or you disrupted your beneficial bacteria and need to cycle the tank. A quick fix is a water change but establishing beneficial bacteria that convert the ammonia into nitrate is what you need to do. Ammonia levels should be at 0, they can't be too low.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Same with nitrite should be at 0

we're gona need a bigger tank (boat).. JAWS ~~~∆~~\o/~~

Back
Top Bottom