The possibility of a third tank...stocking thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

enrgizerbunny

Aquarium Advice Addict
With my tiger barbs being harassed by the rainbow shark, I'm considering picking up another tank in the nature of 30 gallons for a species tank.

That would leave me with a kissing gourami, rainbow shark, and BN pleco in a 55 gallon. Seems empty don't you think?

What would you put in with those 3 guys? I'm not a big fan of cichlids, but I'm not completely counting them out.

I hate to say it but I think you're fully stocked. Kissing Gouramis reach nearly a foot in length. Rainbow sharks can be territorial and will most likely fight with the pleco.

That the weirdest thing though, the pleco and the gourami are the fish the he ignores completely. Also, if I have to get a 75 gallon because my gourami actually topped out, so be it, but on the other side he may only reach 9 inches and be fine in a 55.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I would get a 75 for the gourami. If you do that, a fire mouth or a single convict cichlid might work

What about an angelfish? Aqadvisor didn't have any problem with it, but then again it didn't have a problem when I accidentally configured it to include the barbs, lol. Anyone have experience with kissing gourami and angelfish?

I don't mean to revive a dead thread, but I never got an answer on a 55g with a bn pleco, rainbow shark, kissing gourami, and an angelfish. Does anyone know of any problems I could face with that stock?

I'm not positive but I feel like gouramis and angels can be problematic??

I don't mean to revive a dead thread, but I never got an answer on a 55g with a bn pleco, rainbow shark, kissing gourami, and an angelfish. Does anyone know of any problems I could face with that stock?

I wouldn't do this either. The shark will become too territorial and may become problematic with the Angels. You may wind up with some missing fins on what could be potentially beautiful angels.

Back
Top Bottom