Things I hate about my tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Megalofyia said:
I hate that I don't have enough money to buy bigger tanks so I can worry about not having enough room. :)

Even if you had more money you would never have enough tanks or fish. The only room you would be worried about is yours. lol

I don't hate anything about the hobby.

What I do get FRUSTRATED by is algae. :x

if any of you fine poeple wants to be a hero, by all means tell me how to fix this beast and kudos to you!
It sounds like there is air in the impeller, up at the top. I have had this problem with the XP3 myself. Recheck all of your connections and seals, and be sure you let it sit and fill completely before you turn it on. Sometimes it helps to tilt it over to one side while running to encourage the air to escape. The outlet tube and spray bar need to be empty of water for the air to get out adequately. Also, if you have the flow valve attached to the outlet then be sure it is all the way open, then adjust after the air has escaped and everything is running properly. Hope that helps!!

Hey guys and girls, I was just wondering, it looks like some of you have more than one tank in the house and just one is a hands full, not to mention several. How does your spouse/significant other react on all that commotion? My wife is already sharpening a huge dagger because I am setting up one (!) tank and spend way too much time doing it.

The XP3 is fine now.. it was the stupid carbon chaffing the impeller, I don't even know why I even had the carbon in there in the first place. Man Only for one tank Captain!!??

Its a disease not a hobby. My wife likes them as long as I take care of them. Ive got 4- 75 30 10 5.5 My 55 is gone but soon to return!

Electrobes,
I am ramping up right now that is why it is taking so much time. I have built my own stand, it is great looking, and I do my own rockwork and driftwood, so right now there is no fish and tank is empty pending arrival of the BigAll's order of stuff. She is already jealous that I spend more time with the tank than with her; I am sure that once I get everything going I will do the opposite. Hey, beautiful women - what are you gonna do?

hmm

right now nothing comes to mind strong enough for "hate" in my tanks right now!

sure i'd like to have a bigger tank and more room for more tanks, but that's nothin to get worked up about.

two of my 3 tanks are algae free and the 3rd is nearly done with it's algae episode

I'm dissapointed that I'm not better at arranging my plants so they look more like one of those sweet lookin dutch-style aquariums

for just general "hatred", my two things that I don't tolerate: cheap-o heaters like penn-plax or the ones from walmart or meijers .... and air pumps

after buying a real heater like ebo, rena or my newest titanium, the other junk just pales in comparison... the the real punch in the teeth is the cost is only a few $ more ... $12 for a pennplax 150watt death trap or $18 for the same wattage from ebo

I'd only had them 2-3 months so my clown loaches were only 3". but they had such personalities! :(

You can modify that regal to be a biowheel filter very easily! 3 inches! what do you think ate those?

I wouldnt say I hate anyting. But things I find annoying are the fact that my incredably beautiful yellow Tang is the fish I see the least of as he loves to hide in the live rock. That my baby false percs stay in one corner of the tank. And that here in Savannah we only have one decent LFS and they are overpriced. But overall its worth it !! I am addicted to this hobby and the little fishes that I care for!!

The thing that I would say that I hate about my tank is that my tank is TOO small. I'm stocked with livebearers and their fry basically and I just don't have the room to keep them all. Man, who'da thought that livebearers breed like rabbits!!LOL

She is already jealous that I spend more time with the tank than with her; I am sure that once I get everything going I will do the opposite. Hey, beautiful women - what are you gonna do?

Arrrgh, Cap'n, Ye tell yer saucy wench ye could be sailin' the seven seas, lootin an plunderin all that ye can, and drinkin' grog in ever port 'o call ye can find!

Seriously, tell her like I did mine, it's a good healthy hobby that keeps you at home. She knows where you are and what you are doing, you could be out with the boys all the time drinkin' and carousing!

Also, once it is up and running she will like it alot better. Mine just hates the "work in progress" tanks.

There was a thread in the lounge about the spouse thing, but I will say that my husband is extremely supportive, and has bought me 2 of my 4 tanks himself as gifts! He wants me to work on a 90 now but I told him I won't set up another tank until after we move - that will kill me as it is right now!

Back
Top Bottom