Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-22-2003, 11:57 AM   #31
Aquarium Advice Addict

hmm

right now nothing comes to mind strong enough for "hate" in my tanks right now!

sure i'd like to have a bigger tank and more room for more tanks, but that's nothin to get worked up about.

two of my 3 tanks are algae free and the 3rd is nearly done with it's algae episode

I'm dissapointed that I'm not better at arranging my plants so they look more like one of those sweet lookin dutch-style aquariums

for just general "hatred", my two things that I don't tolerate: cheap-o heaters like penn-plax or the ones from walmart or meijers .... and air pumps

after buying a real heater like ebo, rena or my newest titanium, the other junk just pales in comparison... the the real punch in the teeth is the cost is only a few $ more ... $12 for a pennplax 150watt death trap or $18 for the same wattage from ebo

Old 10-22-2003, 12:27 PM   #32
Aquarium Advice Regular

I'd only had them 2-3 months so my clown loaches were only 3". but they had such personalities!

Old 10-22-2003, 12:37 PM   #33
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via AIM to MACATUA Send a message via MSN to MACATUA Send a message via Yahoo to MACATUA
I hate HAIR ALGAE! But my Regal is finally taking care of some of it for me. Thank goodness.

Join the Alabama Regional Forum!
MACATUA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2003, 12:43 PM   #34
Aquarium Advice FINatic

You can modify that regal to be a biowheel filter very easily! 3 inches! what do you think ate those?
Old 10-22-2003, 12:55 PM   #35
Aquarium Advice Activist

I wouldnt say I hate anyting. But things I find annoying are the fact that my incredably beautiful yellow Tang is the fish I see the least of as he loves to hide in the live rock. That my baby false percs stay in one corner of the tank. And that here in Savannah we only have one decent LFS and they are overpriced. But overall its worth it !! I am addicted to this hobby and the little fishes that I care for!!
Old 10-22-2003, 01:22 PM   #36
Aquarium Advice Freak

The thing that I would say that I hate about my tank is that my tank is TOO small. I'm stocked with livebearers and their fry basically and I just don't have the room to keep them all. Man, who'da thought that livebearers breed like rabbits!!LOL
Old 10-22-2003, 01:34 PM   #37
Aquarium Advice FINatic

"I hear that" -Lenny
Old 10-22-2003, 01:57 PM   #38

Quote:
She is already jealous that I spend more time with the tank than with her; I am sure that once I get everything going I will do the opposite. Hey, beautiful women - what are you gonna do?

Arrrgh, Cap'n, Ye tell yer saucy wench ye could be sailin' the seven seas, lootin an plunderin all that ye can, and drinkin' grog in ever port 'o call ye can find!

Seriously, tell her like I did mine, it's a good healthy hobby that keeps you at home. She knows where you are and what you are doing, you could be out with the boys all the time drinkin' and carousing!

Also, once it is up and running she will like it alot better. Mine just hates the "work in progress" tanks.
Old 10-22-2003, 03:04 PM   #39
AA Team Emeritus

There was a thread in the lounge about the spouse thing, but I will say that my husband is extremely supportive, and has bought me 2 of my 4 tanks himself as gifts! He wants me to work on a 90 now but I told him I won't set up another tank until after we move - that will kill me as it is right now!

TankGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com