Thinking about adding an anglefish, advice is welcome.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think it's my question lol, my tank is 35 US gallons. The tank has been treated for 24 hours. So how long should I wait until I start changing water to remove the green color? When I put the tablets in, they fizzes and emitted a green smoke. You should have seen it, like something from Harry potter.

Surprise! I walked in to look at my tank and at least one of the gold barbs are female, I seen some fry!!

phoenixkiller said:
Nice! Are you planning to try to raise them?

Well iv only seen 2 so far. I think all 3 of my gold barbs are females:) they have huge bellies. I don't really have anything set up for fry( another tank, breeder net.) so as of now, survival of the fittest. The adults don't seen too interested in them as of now. So I might get lucky. I'll try and snap a pic of them for ya.

Here is a pic of one of the fry. It's tiny! Look up by the heater.

Attachments

• image-1725228016.jpg
    image-1725228016.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 61
phoenixkiller said:
Just a reminder, please read ALL of the thread before you reply! He just said that he decided NOT to get the angelfish. Thank you! I really hope you don't think I am being rude...

Sounded rude IMO.

Reading all the thread isn't something most people do, just a heads up in future...

Here is a better picture of my new fry. There is a reflection on the glass.

Attachments

• image-437278773.jpg
    image-437278773.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 61
Yes, up close you can def see the orange coloration. It's survived swimming by the filter intake so far and is sticking to the corners of the tank. Any advice on food? Crushed up flakes maybe.

phoenixkiller said:
It sure is a bit more convenient and a better reply can be given if they do read the entire thread.

Very true and I do skim the entirety of a thread before posting but some people like to jump straight in with their advice or experiences.

It's no biggie in the end.

And nice fry!!

Fishy Aston said:
Angelfish might be lonley on its own

Keep them in even numbers.

Not odd

A single angelfish should be fine, fwiw.

If you are past the fin rot issue, there is no reason to medicate your tank. I would discontinue use of the med, and avoid listening to their recommendations in the future without at least getting a second opinion. They appear to be just trying to sell you extra stuff.

Last edited:
Yes, up close you can def see the orange coloration. It's survived swimming by the filter intake so far and is sticking to the corners of the tank. Any advice on food? Crushed up flakes maybe.
Flakes MAY be taken, but if you can go to the pet store and pick up some liquid fry food, that would be great.

Back
Top Bottom