This algae isn't coming off the glass!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

manoosie

Aquarium Advice Regular
This algae isn't coming off the glass!

Its green. I have had green algae before (and brown) and both came off fairly easily. However, I scrub as hard as I can and this stuff doesnt even move. What is the deal?

I have some of that right now in one tank, and it is very difficult to remove. It seems to be spot algae, but doesn't come off as easily as you would expect.

if its a glass tank use a razor blade to scrape it off, they have tools with razors on the end of them so you don't have to put your hand in the tank, if its acryllic they make plastic scrapers that work just as well but won't scratch your tank

Elbow grease is pretty much the only thing that will get it off. We battled it in our 150 gal tank prior to our move and we would scrub the tank for about an hour just to get it off.

Fishyfanatic said:
Elbow grease is pretty much the only thing that will get it off. We battled it in our 150 gal tank prior to our move and we would scrub the tank for about an hour just to get it off.

When I first had this problem, Iwent to the hardware store and asked for elbow grease and the guys there laughed at me! :lol: :lol: :lol:

So I bought some razor blades and now just scrape it off!

you will be shocked at how incredibly easy this stuff comes off with a blade!

I remember being so frustrated spending a long time with my mag-float scrubber and then a long handled scrubber only to discover that I could remove all of it in about 5 minutes with the blade. .

Yup, it comes off in neat little sheets of algea with a blade. Whenever I scrape mine off I see my trumpet snails pile on them and have a picnic.

Back
Top Bottom