This is cool... but is there an end?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Megalofyia

Aquarium Advice Freak
I moved some fish around and now I have my beta in a ten gallon tank with three glass fish and some tiny flat fish that sucks on the wall. Anyways, apparently my beta is much happier cause he's gone bonkers with the bubbles.

My questions are will he get upset if I keep removing his bubbles? Are there any problems with water parimeters if I just leave the bubbles in the tank? And finally at some point will he stop with the bubbles if there is no more space left for more bubbles?

He's already got at least 1/3 of the surface covered and the layers are pretty thick.

Wow, sounds like your betta is having fun with those bubbles! Mine used to build pretty big nests too. I would take a spoon and remove some bubbles when I did a water change. I would put them back in when I was done. He would add on to it a little bit until he was happy with it, I guess! I really don't know if it upsets them if we remove it. I just tried to save some for him. One time half the tank was covered. Sometimes I told my husband that the whole house would be a big bubble soon! I don't think it's anything to really worry about. I don't think my parameters were ever affected. It's nice that he's so happy, especially in a community tank.

P.S. Did you find a lfs that sells live food or did you end up growing your own?

You can leave em if you want; unlike gouramis who also use plant material (which then rots), bettas nests are pretty much just bubbles. If you take it out you'll feel guilty but he isn't going to care much. He'll just build another one.

Thanks!

On the live food issue. I got some from ebay but I dont' seem to have luck growing the food myself. I'm trying to get sea monkeys to survive but that isnt' working either. Normal sea monkeys not the problem; it's the eggs I got at the LFS.

At least the fish are alive and being fed somehow.

Back
Top Bottom