This site is awesome!!! (and so is Big Al's)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cplawrence

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just had to express my gratitude for this site and all of the helpful people here. Two events:
1) I just got through a round of battling ich. Well instead of going to the LFS and going the chemotherapy route that they prescribed the first time I had ich, I just raised the temperature to 86F for a few days (thanks to the articles here). A bit over a week later now and ich is gone and not a single fish was lost (as opposed to when about half of my tetras succumbed to Quick Cure last time :( )

2) Ordered a Coralife PC strip light and some other random supplies from Big Al's last week--looks great! Hellolights had it for a bit less, but I was going to order from Big Al's anyway since there were other things I needed. When I was putting the order together, I noticed their low price guarantee--they took 5% off from the hellolights price. This comes back to how awesome this site is as I never would have known about Big Al's otherwise (and the same fixture is nearly three times as much at my LFS). Let's just hope that I don't have to adopt TomK2's old title (Plantslayer)....

On the topic of Big Al's...the last couple of times I ordered, they were offerring free shipping if you use bill pay through your bank. Very easy, and you can't beat free shipping!

Back
Top Bottom