Tiny invaders

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GNAAAR

Aquarium Advice Regular
Last week I went to the pet store to buy some plants for on of my tanks there ended up being a few tiny snails. Would these snails be beneficial to put in a breeding tank to clean the algae off the glass?

They're not doing anything in my tank but breeding, lol. Get rid of them while you can!

apparently they are good algae eaters but are all hermos so you'll end up with eggs, eggs everywhere!! we were umming about getting snails, and maybe employing an assassin snail if they got too multitudinous - but i've not sat down to research this properly yet

:whistle:

Do you know if they are pond snails or Ramshorn snails or something else???

They will not be eating algae off your glass, you might need to reduce your lights on time for that. Set up a timer so it is on for morning and off for a couple hours during the day and back on when you are home again. Try to make sure you have a 4-6 hour light period at least one of the times it is on.

Do you know if they are pond snails or Ramshorn snails or something else???

They will not be eating algae off your glass, you might need to reduce your lights on time for that. Set up a timer so it is on for morning and off for a couple hours during the day and back on when you are home again. Try to make sure you have a 4-6 hour light period at least one of the times it is on.

I don't know what type they are but they are only about 5mm and where all over the aquariums at petsmart and I ended up getting about 5 snails due to how many different tanks I got them from, I will try reducing the light times thankyou for the advice.

Back
Top Bottom