Tiny white particles in tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blsnelling

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My tank has been fully cycled for months. All fish are healthy. However, I've had these white particulates in the water for a few months now. It's never worse than this, and never goes away. Yesterday, I vacuumed the gravel and cleaned both filters. I did two 50% water changes. It's no better than it was. I checked the levels for fear that I could have induced a mini cycle, but all looks good there this afternoon. What gives? I want a crystal clear tank.

BTW, there are two canister filters: Ehiem 2217 and Fluval 406.

Small White Particles In Aquarium - YouTube

Looks like you have some amazing circulation in your tank where so things just cant settle on the bottom. I run 2 filters as well 1 pulled from the bottom of the tank and the other from the top to grab stuff like that. My guess is that its fish poop...

I shut everything off for a few minutes last night, and it did all start settling. I was concerned that maybe I had a bacterial bloom or something else going on. I like a heavily stocked tank. If this is just a result of that, so be it. I'll just live with it.

I made another vid to give you a better idea of my setup.

http://youtu.be/PGP4CkflOu8

Back
Top Bottom