Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-07-2006, 11:21 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist

Send a message via ICQ to fishfairy Send a message via AIM to fishfairy Send a message via MSN to fishfairy Send a message via Yahoo to fishfairy
Transporting Tank (Need quick answer please)

Well I'm about to go get my new 55 gallon tank. What is the best way to keep it from getting broken on the ride home? We will be putting it in the back of my husband's truck so I don't know if we should wrap it in blankets or something to keep it from moving or getting cracked. We are leaving in like 30 minutes so I need some really quick suggestions. Thanks.[/code]

Old 07-07-2006, 11:24 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Blankets/pads and the ability to tie it down if possible.

Menagerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 01:13 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Tie it down with cotton or polyester rope to avoid scratches on the glass or use blankets and towels to cover it before tieing it down. Be sure it can't slide too much but don't over tighten it either. Its not hard, you should be fine.
Old 07-07-2006, 01:20 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via ICQ to Ky'smommy Send a message via MSN to Ky'smommy Send a message via Yahoo to Ky'smommy
we just put lots of blankets down and wrapped it up everytime we moved it. never had a problem.
good luck with your trip
Old 07-07-2006, 01:58 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

The most important thing is to DRIVE CAREFULLY. Dont' stop or start too quickly, don't tailgate since they might, and take turns easily. Wit a couple of blankets, you'll be fine. And congrats on the new tank.

Whoops, see I'm about 2 hours late. Hope it went well.
Old 07-07-2006, 02:09 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via AIM to Burks Send a message via MSN to Burks
Even more important, watch those big bumps. Trucks like to move a lot over those things. Hit one hard enough and that tank will slam into the truck bed.
Old 07-07-2006, 03:05 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Activist

Send a message via ICQ to fishfairy Send a message via AIM to fishfairy Send a message via MSN to fishfairy Send a message via Yahoo to fishfairy
Thanks for the replies. We covered it in a couple thick blankets and made it home fine. Looks to be in good condition with a few mineral deposits but that's expected. It'll look great once I get it cleaned up. By the way, does anyone have any tips on how to do that?

Tags
ick, tan, transport, transporting

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com