Trying to get super crystal clear water...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sealife

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hello,
I have a small 100 litre (27Gallon) tank, which I love, but lately I've been obsessed with get water super crystal clear. I feel like super clear water makes a tank look beautiful.

I have seen videos on Youtube, of people with absolutely amazing crystal clear water, and it makes me want it so bad lol. The only thing is, these people are using UV sterilisers to keep their water crisp and crystal clear.

I have attached 2 pics and a video (hopefully video works, as video is better than pics) of my tank, and was wondering if its possible to get water more clear without UV steriliser...

TANK LIGHTS ON:
lights turned on small.jpg

TANK LIGHTS OFF:
light turned off small.jpg
EDIT, cannot add video for some reason :/

I am using an Aquaclear 70 HOB filter, with Seachem Matrix, Eheim Substrat pro, and Marine Pure Spheres (probably the best of them all) as bio media, and sponge and Polyfiber (wool/floss) to polish water. And I currently have Seachem Purigen in there too.
I also only have 1 baby cichlid of about 1.5 inch big max, so my tank is currently very understocked, but my tank still isn't as clear as the peoples on the net. Is there anything else I can do?

Thanks.

Man that tank looks amazing don't worry about that it really nice I'll attach a pick of
My tank

Lol thank u for the nice words and reply.
I want to add an url of what I saw on youtube to show u what I mean by crystal clean, if im allowed. I will do it soon.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Well sealife, I think you just have impossible standards. Your water is VERY clear looking to me. A lot more clear then mine. But I keep a lot of driftwood and enjoy the tannin look. I think your doing fine as is. You could try getting more fine floss. The more fine the media the more it will catch.

I agree with NYGIANTS that water is impossibly clear and dot think it could get much clearer

Planted tanks have the crystal clear water of fish keeping legends. I use a small uv sterilizer on my tank that is for up to 30 gallons on my 55 and my water is beyond clear. Gives it the look that the fish are floating on air.uv sterilizers, Water changes and a well planted tank are just about the only way to meet the standards that you want.

you know, it could be that they have nicer glass and a nicer camera and/or photo/video editing capabilities. I have to admit getting my glass very very clean makes a big difference in how clear my tank looks. I use vinegar to give it a nice shine ;)

edit: and I think your water looks great.

There is also glass called starphire glass, which is WAY more clear then the run of the mill glass. So maybe some people have custom tanks.

I think your tank looks great! If you haven't tried purigen in your filter I've heard a lot of people use that to clarify and purify instead of carbon.

Your tank looks very nice, the you tube video set up looks more like a science lab project but man the water is crystal clear!
If you are looking for super clean water on the cheap, try carbon or even purigen as someone else mentioned and water changes.

Back
Top Bottom