"Tunnel" Tanks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PsiPro

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Seems like a good deal to me, anyone have suggestions about this style of tank? Pros? Cons? With my situation i think it would be good becasue i could put simi large wiring over the holes to keep the pig 8 puffer in the room i wanted him in, and everyone else could be in the other room and venture into the puffers room if they felt adventurous.

I attached a pic. Its acrylic at a great price.

Attachments

• a5_1_202.jpg
    a5_1_202.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 193
My local store (AquaWorld Aquarium) had one of these set up saltwater, very nice. Make sure you have the brushes to get into the tubes though.
How were you planning on attaching wiring? and i would suggest and cirlce of acylis with hole of your choise drilled in, then glue that in or make it snug enough that it will stay. Whatever you do, make sure it is semi-sturdy so the puffurs dont knock it down.
one last thing, i would suggest getting separate water flow into bother sides, either two filters, two outlet pipes, or powerheads.
Good luck!
Ben

I was planning on just using some plastic mesh from a craftstore + silicon (aquarium safe) to hold it in place. But I will decide when I actually get to fool aroudn wit h it.

I was plannin on makeing the side with the puffer very large and open, with a grass matting (micro-sword, or dwarf harigrass) and make a large peice of driftwood running vertically. On the other side, your every day planted aquarium.

For filtering, I was thinking about putting the canister inflow in the planted side, and the outflow in the puffer's side, then adding a powerhead to the puffers side to 1) filter the water in there since they are dirty, and 2) push the dead spots around and towards the canister filter intake.

Thx for the post!

Back
Top Bottom