Unknown Pelco?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JesseMessykinn

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok the other week I went to Petco, and got a brislenose pelco. Now That hes home, I dont see ant barbs... Could it be hes just to young? Can someone Shead some info on this little guy...

In the pic he kidna looks like a common pelco but looking at him in the tank he doesnt.

Attachments

• 481602_10150859383867646_740932645_12590998_6154697_n.jpg
    481602_10150859383867646_740932645_12590998_6154697_n.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 79
JesseMessykinn said:
Ok the other week I went to Petco, and got a brislenose pelco. Now That hes home, I dont see ant barbs... Could it be hes just to young? Can someone Shead some info on this little guy...

In the pic he kidna looks like a common pelco but looking at him in the tank he doesnt.

Kinda looks like a BN. Females don't get any bristles or maybe just a few. It could be because he is young too. Very pretty, how long is he?

Looks like a perfectly healthy BN too me. The barbs could have been damaged and were lost though. Provide lots of clean water and it will heal on its own. I had that happen with a group of cories with gravel. I switched to sand and kept up on water changes and they all grew back.

looks like a BN

mine is just starting to show little bristles ( I've had it for at least 3 months) yours is still small and hasn't developed them yet I'm guessing :)

rreekers said:
looks like a BN

mine is just starting to show little bristles ( I've had it for at least 3 months) yours is still small and hasn't developed them yet I'm guessing :)

Agree!
He's a cute little bugger though ;)

he is really cute!
I think it was the best addition I added to my tank :)
I always catchine out scavenging in the morning .. you might be able to get him to come out during the day, try feed veggies, that always gets mine to come out for a snack

Back
Top Bottom