Upgrading from 26 Bowfront to 40 Breeder

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

raccioppi83

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi all,

In my 26 already I have fake plants and real driftwood that will be transferring over to my new 40 breeder.

Stocking:

2 x Kribs
6 x Cherry barbs
1 x yoyo loach (very old, his buddies have moved to davy jone's locker and I don't think I'll be getting more for this tank)

In regards to my 40 breeder I have an Emperor 350B filter.

My stock list for the 40 breeder will look like this

1 x pearl gourami
2 x krib
10 x cherry barb
6 x adolfi cory
10 x neon tetra

That's the guess right now..

Comments and suggestions are welcome! pictures to go up later today.

Looks good to me. My one concern is bottom feeders with the Kribs, since they like get territorial and like to use caves (iirc) along the bottom when breeding. They might come into conflict with the adolfi. I've never kept kribs, though, so perhaps someone with more experience will chime in. :whistle:

I still need to add more plants and I want to get a large piece of driftwood to replace the fake stuff!

Just a little update:

The male krib seems to be very territorial towards the female one and when ever he sees her he flares up and chases her. The female krib is showing an extremely purple belly right now as well.

Is this prespawn behaviour? I bought them months ago as a mated pair.

Just a little update:

The male krib seems to be very territorial towards the female one and when ever he sees her he flares up and chases her. The female krib is showing an extremely purple belly right now as well.

Is this prespawn behaviour? I bought them months ago as a mated pair.

Yep. Looks like they like the new digs! :)

Update: I do not believe they have laid eggs yet.. the male is still doing his usual antics, but now occasionally the female is allowed to follow him very closely

Update: They spawned!! I have about 20 fry in the tank being protected by mom and dad

Back
Top Bottom