Urgent answers please!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scouser

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok so I got home from work today to find my mum had bought 3 guppies for my new tank.

It's 28 litres and it has a cycled filter in there so I'm not worrying about that yet.

Now how overstocked am I?

I think they are fancies, I'll have to grab a pic soon but Ermmm help??

Scouser said:
Nothing is in the tank, it's brand new.

Was gonna get a Betta till this happened lol.

I'll get a pic soon :)

You're not overstocked then. But if you have a male and females...you soon will be

Predfan27 said:
You're not overstocked then. But if you have a male and females...you soon will be

Ahhhh well mum said she asked for all males, seems she absorbed some info from my ramblings lol.

So not overstocked? I thought guppies needed at least a 10 gal?

Scouser said:
Ahhhh well mum said she asked for all males, seems she absorbed some info from my ramblings lol.

So not overstocked? I thought guppies needed at least a 10 gal?

I mean with nothing else in the tank it's fine. They just need some swim room! If they are all pretty, it's most likely they are all male gaha

Predfan27 said:
I mean with nothing else in the tank it's fine. They just need some swim room! If they are all pretty, it's most likely they are all male gaha

Well they are pretty lol.

That's good to know I guess, kinda ruined the joys of shopping for fish though :(

Scouser said:
Well they are pretty lol.

That's good to know I guess, kinda ruined the joys of shopping for fish though :(

Yeah, other people buying fish for you tanks will do that :(

Mollies would definitely need a larger tank as they have a larger bioload, but with guppies, especially all male, you'll be fine.

Tell her it was very sweet of her and at the same time very dangerous to purchase fish for someone else's tank. ;)

LyndaB said:
Mollies would definitely need a larger tank as they have a larger bioload, but with guppies, especially all male, you'll be fine.

Tell her it was very sweet of her and at the same time very dangerous to purchase fish for someone else's tank. ;)

Believe me she has already been thanks and warned off buying anymore fish without consulting me first.

She said the gal at the store told her a plec or 2 woul be ok with the guppies lol :O

Back
Top Bottom