Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-08-2019, 09:45 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

Urgent help required about filter media

I am starting a new tank. I bought established filter media from LFS. I bought a canister filter. Late at night started doing everything like putting inside rocks and driftwood and filled the tank and added Prime to detoxify water.*

Problem happened when I couldn't install the canister filter. LFS is closed and I have the filter media with me which I can't return. So,I just put filter media inside my tank. Is it ok?

Will the beneficial bacteria stay alive? Will they stay intact in my tank water or they would die when they are outside the filter? I am unsure if the filter media will stay good just like that inside tank for like a day ot two until I get another filter.*

Please reply. Thanks.

Old 09-09-2019, 07:58 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic

As long as they're kept wet they ahould be fine

Old 09-11-2019, 02:18 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Thanks dear
Quote:
Originally Posted by earhtmother View Post
As long as they're kept wet they ahould be fine

Tags
filter, filter media, media, red, urgent

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com