Used Tank HELP!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hartgirl

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey guys....I am thinking of buying a used 180 gallon tank from a person locally, but the tank looks a little different than I'm used to. I have only seen a picture this far (I'll check it out in person before committing!) but it has what I believe is "euro bracing" because the trim looks very very thin. It makes the whole setup look thin, so I'm just checking with you guys to see if anyone has experience with these. Do they hold water just as well? Anything I should be weary of??? Thanks!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 91
Hmmmm, looks like it was de rimmed. I think I see some boot leg plywood center brace.
Now.. all that.. the stand looks like solid oak, it looks clean. I'd say If it doesn't need to be resealed? And it's a killer deal? Buy it and get a new top trim online ($60-70)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks! $200 for tank and stand. I thought it looked de-rimmed too until I looked into euro-bracing. The center brace being wood is weird, because euro braced tanks have glass braces...at least the ones I have seen. I'll defiantly check the silicone and ask to see it filled....

That's a pretty sweet deal!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

If the tank turns out to work well, I think that the stand looks great and it seems to be a very good deal.

If the guy gets back to me this weekend I'm going to check it out! The tank appears to be just a different style ...

It looks like all the pictures of euro bracing the tanks have like a glass lip on the inside of all the walls of the tank. I'd check if it has those. It may be kind of difficult to find tops that fit it. Still a cool looking tank though and good deal. I like my stands to be flush with the tank so I'd ditch it and get another, but I'm also a fan of black stands vs. wood, so that may be swaying my decision some. Good luck!

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom