WalMart?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishLover14

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Is it just my wal-mart or what.

I have seen dozens of dead betta fish in these little bowls that shoudlnt hold a guppy, I take bloowworms with me and try to ffeed the poor starving bettas every time we go to walmart... some day i am going to get in trouble with managment they dont like me feeding their fish. Also last time i went the event that outraged me to write this post i went and looked at the betta fish i notcied one betta fish with horrible fin rot and swim bladder. i walked away and was looking at tanks and i saw the fish departemnt manger walk up look at the betta fish and dump this fish Live into the garbage Can!!! I asked him about and he said he would have died anyway .

There are always at leasr 50 dead goldifsh in a tank and their tank are so horrednously overstocked it is not funny at all, they have Oscars with back finned catfish in 5galllon tanks. The catfishes finS were missing.

There was also a pleco their that was missing All of his tail and most of his body and he was still alive.

This is all outreageous!

Are your wal-marts like this or does my towns wal mart just treat thier fish terribly.

Not all Walmart's are like that. You should call and speak with the store manager about what you've seen, or call their head office. My Walmart did away with their fish dept. Best thing they could have done but, I've been to other Walmart's and have been relieved to see there are some that do care.

Mine isnt the greatest, but I wouldnt go so far as to say they're abusive. They take "adequate" care of the fish. Nothing dead, nothing dirty, but I still wouldnt buy there. The bettas always look dirty, even tho they're alive.

Mine is not bad. Although I have no idea why they sell fish, as this is not a pet store for sure. I would agree that you should complain to the manager, write corporate office, and drop a letter to PETA for fun.

Okay ill try complaining it is totallly unfair the way they treat their fish.
My lfs never has dead ones in the tank reguarrly feeds them and keeps 1 betta per tank in 5gals with swordtails. But i have a great lfs they are the best will get in anything and will answer any question, best store i have ever seen.

Dan :)

Wal-Mart is the worst place to ever purchase fish. They are great with everything else, but their fish department sucks. Everytime we go in there are several dead fish in every tank. Most of them have been knawed on by other fish and have turned white. We made the mistake of purchasing fish from there and they all died within 24 hours. Their Betta's almost all look dead and they stock each tank with WAY too many fish. It is typical to place each 1 inch of fish per gal, they place 10 inches per gallon. Never purchase fish from ANY Wal-Mart.

my local super walmart is actually quite good, and i can tell you why.

his name is cecil

walmart accidently hired someone who knows how to take care of fish

IMO everyone needs to stop shopping at walmart in general ! which will never happen ! they sue bill gates for having a monopoly what about walmart and all the small ma and pa shops they have closed down ? id rather spend $10 more at another store ! do you know how shady walmart is??? this is what they been doing ! lets say you run a pickling industry ! walmart come to you and says we will pay you and only you x dollars per jar but we need this many ! you say ok and build a bigger plant to handle the demands ! well then walmart comes back and says well we can give you x dollars per jar now you have to sell them to us for 1/2 the price or we will buy else where ! what are you going to do ? you just invested a ton of money on labor/equipment to keep up on their demands! its a joke

Wal-Mart is a big rip off i agree but my budget just wont let me spend 10 dollars more everywhere, wven thouhg i NEVER buy fish from wal mart.

Dan :)

and thats the sad part of the whole thing ! dan what would you do if there wasnt a walmart close by ? ya would do with out for a bit or spend the extra money at another store right? it funny to see people drive 20-30 miles to go to walmart to save a few bucks but spend more in there time and gas ? they are trying to put one in a town close by funny to see sign in peoples yard that say " walmart is not a good neighbor" what does that tell you ?

what i hate the most is how they put up stores in small towns ! this is how walmart became what it is today !

also i try to buy all my fish from a single pet shop owner ! i do stop at petcos petlands from time to time to see what need to be saved :)

15 miles away ! ok how many stores do you pass on the way that sell the same thing? just food for thought ! not knocking you or anyone cause everyone has bought something from walmart but peoples views need to change sooner or later :)

Their are not a lot of stores on the way they all have already been closed down, but my lfs is giving wal-mart some very serious competitotion.

Back
Top Bottom