wardley's shrimp pellets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sbundy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
hello

i bought some shrimp pellets wich i really wanna feed to my fish. when i throw them in they swallow and spit out right away probably cause they r too big or perhaps too hard?? any suggestions?

thanks

69gallons
1red rainbow
1boesmani rainbow
2rosy barbs
1red torpedo barb
2 3.5inch blue jack dempseys
2 clown loaches

Fish don't have teeth for the most part, so that is their way of chewing. They're softening up the food. I feed these pellets and my fish make a mess of the tank when eating, but they eat them. They break up and the little pieces fly everywhere.

And be very careful feeding this type of 'hard' pellet to your rainbows. They have a very small throat and have been know to perish from getting foods stuck in there.

I use HDH "Super soft" pellets and my rainbows and barbs love them.

put the pellets in a bit of fish tank water for a few minutes and it gets quite soft. Dump them in the tank before they fall apart (as then they'd really cloud up the tank).

I put a few in the can cover they come in and squish them with the bottom of a bic lighter...the pieces float awhile and the fish can pick the size pieces they want... :scrambleup:

Back
Top Bottom