Water changes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shane87

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have had my tank about 3 years, so all cycled and perameters are always consistently good I just wondered how often I should do it? ATM I do 50% twice a week but I have heard that some people do it at least three times a week in a predator tank, I have in there 2 small oscars, baby red tail cat, baby tsn cat, giraffe cat and gibbiceps pleco, it's 350l (85usg) with a 1000 LPG canister filter. Any info appreciated :)

What do your water parameters say? If things are high, more wc needed, if not keep with your current routine.

They are always 0 ammonia, 0 nitrites and very low nitrates so as long as it stays like that it's fine ?

As long as those stay good, I wouldn't worry about adding any additional wc. Now with that said, the closest I have to a predator tank is a small gsp. Not exactly sure if predator tanks have additional requirements..?

Yea I agree with you about the perameters being ok it should be but everyone seems to have a different opinion so just wanted to make sure I am doing it right lol and idk about predator tanks being different apart from the higher protein wast but like you said the perameters are ok so I'm guessing it's fine to continue what I'm doing :) thanks for your replys :)

Water Changes

I have had my tank about 3 years, so all cycled and perameters are always consistently good I just wondered how often I should do it? ATM I do 50% twice a week but I have heard that some people do it at least three times a week in a predator tank, I have in there 2 small oscars, baby red tail cat, baby tsn cat, giraffe cat and gibbiceps pleco, it's 350l (85usg) with a 1000 LPG canister filter. Any info appreciated :)

Hello Shane...

Provided you have sufficient filtration in place, with an hourly water turnover of 6 times the volume of your tank, then a weekly, 50 percent water change will be enough to keep the water properties stable.

B

Back
Top Bottom