Water changes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishywishywowoo

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have 3 few day old Cory fry in a large tupperware with a air tube with filter pad over the end (kinda a make shift filter). I'm doing twice daily 90% water changes. Feeding 3 4 times a day bit only a tint amount. Is this enough pwc to keep ammonia down? Don't want to cycle as they will be going in the main tank once big enough not to get eaten.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I would get a breeder box and put them in the big tank depending where you fry came from.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

I have 3 few day old Cory fry in a large tupperware with a air tube with filter pad over the end (kinda a make shift filter). I'm doing twice daily 90% water changes. Feeding 3 4 times a day bit only a tint amount. Is this enough pwc to keep ammonia down? Don't want to cycle as they will be going in the main tank once big enough not to get eaten.

Idk, what's the ammonia reading at in the fry container?

Don't know. My api ran out and not got new one yet. Don't know how long it takes for ammonia to accumulate?

Yes what Illusionx said the breeder box is the way I go. Makes it easy for feeding and introducing to the main tank when the are bigger.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Some might disagree, I personally don't see a problem with what you're doing as long as it is temporary, I have successfully ran tanks without filters for long periods of time, it can be done but it is a lot of work since you'll be changing water frequently, not to mention the water bill!

It will be just until they are big enough to go in community tank. Didn't want a breeder box as I find it hard to keep clean as everything goes to the bottom where I can't get it. Plus makes it difficult for my adf to get to surface. Thanks. I'll keep doing this then. Not bothered about the work or water bill as long as they healthy

Back
Top Bottom