Water Seeping in between the background and the glass.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

roydooms

Aquarium Advice Addict
It made my background look ugly. Do I need to buy a new background or just wait for it to dry? How do you prevent this? I think my aerator are the cause of this. I'm thinking of getting rid of it. Thanks.

Is it one of those shiny film like backgrounds? If it is, you can pull it off and wipe it off. The water may dry, but it will leave behind water marks that will still be ugly. If it is straight construction paper, than the water will ruin it.

fort384 said:
Is it one of those shiny film like backgrounds? If it is, you can pull it off and wipe it off. The water may dry, but it will leave behind water marks that will still be ugly. If it is straight construction paper, than the water will ruin it.

Yes, it is one one of the shiny ones. The reversible ones. Black and blue on the other. This is my first tank and it cane with the background. I'll do that. Take it out and wipe it off. Thanks a lot!

This is one reason I paint my backgrounds, they look 1000% better.

Fishguy2727 said:
This is one reason I paint my backgrounds, they look 1000% better.

Its too late to paint it. Its already been set up. It's going to be a big hassle to do that. Anyway, which kind of paint do you use? Paint the glass? Thanks.

I have used spray paint, latex interior paint, and acrylic craft paint. They all work and have pros and cons. With an interior paint you get whatever color you want but it scratches easier, spray paint is a mess to use but is okay long term, acrylic is good too.

Fishguy2727 said:
I have used spray paint, latex interior paint, and acrylic craft paint. They all work and have pros and cons. With an interior paint you get whatever color you want but it scratches easier, spray paint is a mess to use but is okay long term, acrylic is good too.

I see. But isn't the chemicals bad for the fish/plants?

You paint the outside of the back. I also paint ends that are not viewable (so if the tank is going to be in a corner I paint the back and the end that will be against the other wall).

Fishguy2727 said:
You paint the outside of the back. I also paint ends that are not viewable (so if the tank is going to be in a corner I paint the back and the end that will be against the other wall).

I see. Ok. Thank you. =D

I specifically bought this one:

Largest selection of aquarium backgrounds on the web 3d | Designs By Nature

It's sold out at the moment. I'd take a picture of mine, but I haven't finished the aquarium yet. I'm soaking some driftwood in a bucket. When it's stopped leaching tannins I'll fill up the aquarium, decorate, cycle, and buy fish, then take a picture.

Right now it's just the background and sand/gravel mix in the tank.

Back
Top Bottom