Water Temperature

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alefaz14

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi, I have a 29 gallon bio cube freshwater aquarium with live plants. Its dimentions are 20"L x 20.75"W x 19.25"H with two 36 watt fluorescent 16" lights. The temperature is 86 degrees right now, and I need to lower it but I don't know how. If you have any ideas how to lower the temperature without harming my fish or plants I will gladly hear them.

You can float a bottle with ice water in the tank. Just out of curiosity how did it get so high in the first place? Also make sure that the temp doesn't change faster than 2-3 degrees an hour.

I'm not familiar with the biocubes so i'm not sure if this will work but to drop my temperature I remove the top and aim a fan at the surface.

I don't know? Add more cooler water? Switch off the heater if you have a warm house

Most heaters will switch off when they reach a certain temperature as long as you don't have the really cheap kind.

All heaters I've ever used have a rheostat on them - so you dial in the temp you want. If this is set too high, then obviously lower it! :)

What is the air-temp in that room? Is the water just a reflection of the room's high temp?

You can run an A/C in the room to bring down the room temp, and assuming that the water isn't being heated from another source, it should come down over time to match the air temp.

Heat sources can include: Direct sunlight, Your Lights (maybe you need to put some space between them and the tank?), and ambient temperature.

I've seen advertisements for coolers for aquariums, but I've no experience with using one.

Heh. Not going to be very helpful. But it is 90 degrees here with 90% humidity and I'm still trying to heat my tank up beyond 80 degrees during a cycling because my AC is so darn efficient. XD

The temperature in the room is anywhere from 80 degrees to 86 degrees

Back
Top Bottom