we got a royal panaque (pleco)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

the Ents

Aquarium Advice Regular
hi all,
Our 55G is up and into it's 'trates w/ 12 zebra danios, three mollies (they've never been happy), the 3 lil' pigs (corys)
and now we have to wait for another wave-
fell in love wi' a big boy:
a 3" royal pleco( panaque) who is chowing down all over our driftwood,
eaten thru a lettuce leaf, and necked down a whole bloodworm cube.
Not shy at all, he's out all over the place, lights or no.
(nothing wrong with his digestive-system, by the way.... :wink: )
The cory piglets are slurping the bloodworms like spaghetti, and then swimming around with trailers...
:lol:

:?: still waiting for the day we can put in angels, but do these panaques suck on 'em?
we've heard rumors of discus-sucking.
and how exactly do we feed the peas to them?
we've read tinned peas, is that right?

still waiting for the day we can put in angels, but do these panaques suck on 'em?
we've heard rumors of discus-sucking.

IMO, any pleco will try to "suck" on any large bodied fish that will allow it.

I've never had any trouble with plecos, but that doesn't mean they wouldn't bother the angels. I know that large chinese algae eaters will...have had that problem before. If you keep feeding the corys bloodworms, you'll probably see a batch of eggs on the side of the glass or on a plant one day. That was always what I used to condition mine for breeding.
Logan J

loganj said:
I've never had any trouble with plecos, but that doesn't mean they wouldn't bother the angels. I know that large chinese algae eaters will...have had that problem before. If you keep feeding the corys bloodworms, you'll probably see a batch of eggs on the side of the glass or on a plant one day. That was always what I used to condition mine for breeding.
Logan J

wow, i'd love to see that, but the lil' pigs are just wee ones. how big do they need to be to spawn?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom