Weekend Feeding question?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sue17fan

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a desktop (freshwater)aquarium in my office. It only has 1 striped danio in it. I've been feeding him/her twice a day, AM & PM. Now this is the first weekend I won't be in the office, will it be ok for 2 days? No one else will be working either.

I have a desktop (freshwater)aquarium in my office. It only has 1 striped danio in it. I've been feeding him/her twice a day, AM & PM. Now this is the first weekend I won't be in the office, will it be ok for 2 days? No one else will be working either.

fish can go on a few days without food. so you should be fine for 2-3 days. i know people who feed their fish 3times a week and they still do fine. also i wouldn't suggest feeding the fish 2times a day. just feed enough that it will eat within a few minutes and you're done with feeding for the day. fish always display behaviors that mirror begging for food and it's their natural tendency. so do not be alarmed when your fish comes to you for food few hrs after you just fed it.

It will be good for him. I purposely fast my fish 1 day a week. Fish in the wild don't eat everyday.

You may want to cut back to feeding him once a day. I am assuming it is a small tank since it is one danio on your desk. Water quality will go down fast with a bunch of uneaten food on the bottom.

Feeding Your Fish

Hello sue...

Adult aquarium fish can easily go a week or even two without food. Most water keepers overfeed, so the fish have a little fat that will sustain them if they miss a meal or two.

B

thanks for the info, i will cut down to once a day, don't want a fat fish!

Back
Top Bottom