Weird question. Can I get my fish less active

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Awesomefazekas

Aquarium Advice Regular
Ok I know everybody wants their fish to be as active as possible but Is there a way to get my fish hiding in the background and in the plants because right now 3/4 of my fish are an inch away from the front glass piece and there shooting around everywhere so I want to know if there's a way to "calm them down"

Dump some Xanax in there...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

It's an anti anxiety medication for humans. I've heard of a study conducted where when introduced it made fish more relaxed when humans were around and also increased appetite in skittish fish.. what kind of fish do you have? Mollys and platys?

And all.of them stay front and center all the time?

How many of each fish do you have?

What size tank?

Hmmm, plenty of room.. good group numbers.. the gourami will usually chill high front side but could the others be scared of the cae? They can be rather nasty.

Idk I have a little rock formation in the back corner that I've never seen them leave even to eat so idk and yeah gourami hangs in back corner where i have a little bamboo thing

Lower temps will make corys more active actually. Higher temps around 78-80 makes them really inactive.

Back
Top Bottom