What age/size do angels show pearlscale?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hholly

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have some that look glittery but not quite pearly. Just wondering when they start to show? TIA!

Not quite sure what your considering glittery and pearly but usually by quatar size they are showing definite pearling. Also platinum or white angels show it best and earlier than other colored pearl angels. Alot depends on the individual fishes genetics.

Mine are quarter to 50 cent size. I've only seen pearlscale in pictures. But the breeder says some might be pearlscale. I guess if they were, I guess I would have seen it by now.

I have 5 the size of half dollars and I see pearling all the time. The first time I saw it, I thought there was something wrong with the fish. I first started to see it in fish that were about a quarter in size...Dwayne

When it first starts showing it looks like their scales are wavy, then it becomes more pronounced as they grow. By now with angels that size you'd be seeing it.

Thanks Rivercats. Yes, the breeder said these fishes older siblings were showing pearling so I was hoping a few of mine would too. Your fish is beautiful, BTW.

Hholly about how old is the angel in your picture? I have an angel whom I am concerned isn't big enough yet but I really don't know how big he should be by his age.

owen0992 said:
Hholly about how old is the angel in your picture? I have an angel whom I am concerned isn't big enough yet but I really don't know how big he should be by his age.

I'm really not sure its age. They're approaching half dollar size. But I know they have grown fast because when I bid on the auction at the end of Dec. they were listed as dime size.

Back
Top Bottom