What can I add with Goldfish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

1FatFish

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have 1 goldfish in a 10gallon tank.
What other fish are okay to put with him?

Thank you

not much one goldfish is almost to much fish for a ten they produce a lot if waste and ammonia. they like water cooler than tropical fish as well.

The general rule of thumb is one Goldfish for each 10 gals of water at a minimum so you really can't add another fish. Goldfish create a lot of waste so they need quite a bit of water per fish. Besides, Goldfish are not tropical so they like water cooler then what tropicals require. A Goldfish tank is just that, one species of Goldfish in the tank. For example, if you had a larger tank and you had a Fantail Goldfish you would only add other Fantails. Different types of Goldfish grow to different sizes and swim at different speeds. As they get larger the fastest Goldfish or the more aggressive species will get most of the food.

You can keep white clouds with goldfish... BUT not in your 10gal. You are at ur limit with fishy waste right now

If you upgrade to a larger tank, like a 20-29. In a 20 you could have 2 goldfish and in a 29 maybe some white clouds in addition to the 2 goldfish

I have a 55 Gallon now setup. Extremely beutiful.

Seeing 2 small goldfish in a 20gal tank looks retarded IMO. :)

I will leave him alone then.. If he gets lonely I will jump in there with him and talk..

Thank you all..

Richie

IMO, seeing a goldfish alone crammed in a 10gal tank is "retarded"

And those two small goldfish can end up getting to be anywhere from 5-10in in length which would easily take up the room of a 20gal

*shrugs* thats just me tho

I dont think he is crammed because he is only 2 Inches..

What I meant by retarted is that the tank looks 'empty' with only 2 fish in a 20Gallon..

Richie

I gave a good friend of mine my 2 common goldies.. and one was about 3in and the other was about 2. They have had them for about 8 months now.. and one is about 8in long (1.5in wide) and the other is about 5in long

they more space you give them, the bigger they can get =o)
your goldie won't stay 2in for long

Back
Top Bottom