what else in the 20g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Annakhil

Aquarium Advice Freak
i just upgraded my sons 10g to a 20 long, and moved everything over even the filter since it is rated for a 30g i think it will be fine.
it has
a ton of cherry shrimp
3rummynose
4neons
3otos
2assassin snails

i was wondering what else i could put in there that wont eat the shrimp i was thinking a dwarf gourami but i think they eat shrimp. so thats a no no
what do yall suggest?

i was really wanting more rummynose since they school so well how many more of each do you think i could put in there?

If you only wanted more rummy's and neons you could easily have a total of 8 of each kind in a 20.

Just an FYI be careful with the filter....I had one in my 20 that was for a 30 and it sucked up almost all my shrimp I was heartbroken:(

They will, especially the baby shrimp. I have 8 rummy nose, 5 neons (had 8 but 3 died the first night), 1 honey gourami, 1 blue ram and a bunch of RCS in my 20g. Some of the RCS definitely get eaten but so far my colony has managed to survive ok as they reside mostly under and around a huge piece of driftwood covered in java moss.

What's a good center piece fish that won't eat them, I either want to do another little school ( like rasborus) or one or two med-big fish, I have 6 neons, 5 rummynose and 3 otos with the shrimp

I would definitely just up the schools. Just about any larger centerpiece fish will eat the shrimp. I am like you and love variety, but the fact is shrimp are naturally a meal for most fish. I keep mine with endlers, and they are perfect together. I know that's not what you are looking for, but a gourami will probably dessimate your shrimp colony in no time.

Back
Top Bottom