What fish should I get?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yep, I read the link. The uniqueness of the fish still made me want to try them even though they might not be very hardy. Luckily, I have already gotten most of my fishkeeping mistakes behind me, and I have had no issues with my 26g tank that were significant. They Rams should be perfect once they get established.

I am going to add Omega One Super Veggie flakes into the tank's food rotation tomorrow.

Good to hear. I expect most ppl who have owned and quickly lost rams are far less experienced than you, and had no idea what to feed the fish. They are particularly flashy, attractive fish, so I'm betting a lot of ppl buy them on impulse rather than after research and thought.

Enjoy them. They're beautiful fish! Somebody else on here bought two absolutely *phenomenal* specimens a few weeks back. Can't remember who....I'll see if I can dig up the thread.

My Tetra does not like the Rams at all! The Tetra swims over one half of the tank where my Pleco cave is and keeps chasing away the Rams. The Rams, being curious fish, see that cave and just have to know what is in it. They pair up and try sneaking around the plants to get to the cave. The one time they did make it and I was watching, the Rams woke up the Pleco, whoops.

I doubt the Tetra will be able to beat up the Rams like he with with my other Tetras. The Rams are too smart, and will soon be larger as well with much more room to run if needed.

I hate to say it, but I really dislike this Tetra. I can not trade it in or give it to anybody else because it is my wife's favorite fish, she named it Speedy Gonzalez 8O

It is a large Head and Tail Light Tetra. It is the largest Tetra of that type I have ever seen. He is more than double the size of my two other ones. They were all the same size when I bought them.

Back
Top Bottom