What fish should I get?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I said requirements... They need very good water quality to survive. In smaller tanks it's hard to keep the water parameters pristine. One little bit of soap can kill all the fish, whereas in a bigger tank it probably wouldn't. Waste builds up quickly if the tank isn't cleaned, which can cause ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate. The bigger the school, the better. 8 is a perfectly fine amount but In a 10 gallon? Some say it's fine, others don't. There's plenty more fish which are more suitable to a 10 gallon... So why choose fish where it's debated if they can stay in a ten gallon?

Whether it be a 10 or a 210g tank. It doesnt matter, yes 10g is hard to maintain but these fish have a tiny bioload which makes a 10g suitable. Its all about how you maintain it no matter what. I hope no one is using soap in a tank to begin with

I think One of the types of rasboras mentioned earlier or the cpd's would look great...but I think the cpd's would probably want a little more mid level plants though....but I'm not to sure...the tank does look great by the way

I've got Celestial Pearl Danios and red cherry shrimp in separate tanks right now. My plan is to add Chili Rasboras in with the CPDs in another month, then move the shrimp in there too after I have more of them (this is a 36 gallon). My point is that both of those types of fish should be safe with your shrimp, though your shrimp population growth may be slower. Let us know what you decide

Back
Top Bottom