What fish should I put in my unused 10g?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sati

Aquarium Advice Addict
If the fish my BF has his eye on successfully recovers from ick then the 10g will be housing his fish until he gets his own big corner tank. I'm 90% getting a little 3g that will be my qt tank so the 10g will be free once he gets his tank. All I've ever had is basically community fish. I know the tank's too small do do a lot of my *dream* tanks, but I can't leave it empty! I'm thinking of doing dwarf puffers like Madasa did. I've also never had cichlids of any kind, so I'm wondering if there are a couple of ones that stay smaller that might do OK in this setup.

If you get the 3gal (usually plenty for community QT). Then I say USE IT. A well lit planted 10G would be awesome!

Get a couple of dwarf puffers! :)

You could put a single South American puffer in a 10 gallon for a little while until he grows a bit. However, he would be more likely to show aggression in a tank that small so probably no tankmates. I had mine in my 12 gallon tank and he chewed up one of my platies' fins. He was fine once I moved him to a bigger tank, though.

I'm leaning toward a single species puffer tank. Thanks for the suggestion, but I don't want any guppies or catfish. I already have those :D Out with community fish!

guppies, cories, tetras, the only limit is your imagination...

If you want a 10 gallon QT tank you could buy an empty tank and a box filter for less than $15.

Thanks for the link. I'll read up. I have plenty of time :]

What I have currently is this, btw:

5 Cardinal Tetra
3 Rummy Nose Tetra
3 Neon Tetra
2 Red Eye Tetra
2 Micariffe (Tequila Sunrise) Guppies
1 Upside Down Catfish
1 Hi Fin Marigold Platy
1 Harlequin Rasbora
1 Glowlight Tetra
1 Common Pleco
1 Burmese Loach
1 Blue Varigated Guppy
1 Betta
1 Apple Snail ?

I am overstocked, but all are very happy and very healthy.

Allivymar said:
What about shellies? Small cichlids that house themselves in shells...you can start doing a little research if you're interested here: http://www.sydneycichlid.com/articles/nmultifasciatus.html

These guys are a pain in the butt to find for a good price :/ You're almost going to be REQUIRED to order online. And you still might not be happy with the pricing due to shipping.

More info on several other shell dwelling species:
http://www.cichlid-forum.com/articles/shelldweller_corner.php

Back
Top Bottom