What Happened? ANYONE?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

amesdrew

Aquarium Advice Activist
Well, as of a week ago, my tank had zero problems.

But now my female ram has died.... I have no clues as to why.

She looked poor on friday, still eating, and actively looking for food, but sitting in the corner most of the day. Saturday same deal. Sunday I did my weekly water change, but she didn't change. Monday I tested the water;

Amm. 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrates 20
GH 12

I know the last two were a little high so I did another 40% water change or so, and she looked a little better last night. I knew it was either gonna get better, or she was gonna die last night. I found her in the same place she was laying last night, dead.

I have a marineland heater, seems like it does a good job, so I will rule out temperature. (and she was the only one affected)

SO would the fish experts think its the breeder? I buy from my LFS, pretty nice in my opinion but this is the second time I have had a ram die from next to nothing. I know they are finicky too, would the GH really effect a ram that fast and hard???

Lemme know your thoughts, She was my favorite fish, and my male looks less vibrant but I would just think its because he has no one to show off for...

Back
Top Bottom