what is the best 5 gallon tank for a betta?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not that I usually enjoy shopping at Walmart... BUT... they do have a 5 gallon starter kit (sans heater) for about $28. That is what my betta is in and it has worked beautifully. The filter is super quiet, too, which is a plus.

Talvari said:
Not that I usually enjoy shopping at Walmart... BUT... they do have a 5 gallon starter kit (sans heater) for about $28. That is what my betta is in and it has worked beautifully. The filter is super quiet, too, which is a plus.

I'll make sure he sees that. Thanks

I need opinions on the tank I posted a link for, the corner one. Thank you

Brandonaki360 said:
Thats a nice one, so long the betta isn't a jumper, but maybe the light will prevent him from jumping? Anyway it is a nice tank, more expensive than the walmart set, but it looks nicer..
I think it has a lid... I'm not sure. But I don't think the betta would jump out unless it's really stressed.

That reminds me, I was in Petsmart a few days ago and they have their 10g and 20g kits on sale. The 10 has a junky internal filter but still, was only $25 for everything. I think the 20g was $35 but I can't remember exactly.

They usually have their minibows and chi's on sale also.

jetajockey said:
That reminds me, I was in Petsmart a few days ago and they have their 10g and 20g kits on sale. The 10 has a junky internal filter but still, was only $25 for everything. I think the 20g was $35 but I can't remember exactly.

They usually have their minibows and chi's on sale also.

Ill check today. Thanks. :)

I have a betta fish and he lives in a minibow and it works wonderfully for him! There is plenty of room for him to swim around in and the tank is a nice shape and allows for lots of room to put plants or other decorations in there. The filter hardly moves the water around and he has gotten used to the small current right near the filter. And it is cheap but has withstood time very well for it's purposes.

Apparently my brother doesnt want to get a new tank anymore. I guess he would rather spend his money on Modern Warfare 3. :( I guess his Berta is stuck in the tiny one gallon that my brother thinks is big enough

maxwellag said:
Apparently my brother doesnt want to get a new tank anymore. I guess he would rather spend his money on Modern Warfare 3. :( I guess his Berta is stuck in the tiny one gallon that my brother thinks is big enough

:( maybe you can buy him one for Christmas :p

Mumma.of.two said:
:( maybe you can buy him one for Christmas :p

I might pool my money with my mom or grandparents... but I don't know if he wants one...

I have mine in the hexagon with is great because it's one of the only ones with a three stage bio filter thanks to the bio wheel

Back
Top Bottom