What is this green stuff?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sleeves

Aquarium Advice Activist
What is this green stuff on my filter and filter pipes? Its on the wall behind the filter too. I can easily wipe it off, but trying to find out what it is.

Looks to be mold, wipe it down with a vinegar soaked rag.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Looks to be mold, wipe it down with a vinegar soaked rag.

+1

Mold for sure. I'd get on top of that pronto - especially if you have children in the home. :(

Moisture+oxygen=mold

Would running a fan to increase airflow in the cabinet help prevent this from reoccurring?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Would running a fan to increase airflow in the cabinet help prevent this from reoccurring?

No standing moisture+oxygen=lots less mold.

No standing moisture+oxygen=lots less mold.

Ok sir, this isnt math class... Honestly so sick of equations even though school only just started up again ?

But yeah, do what this guy said. Or follow his equations or whatever... ZZZzzzz..... ZZZzzzz..... *sleep*

If money cant buy happiness, that why do I need a job? I mean, I should be getting these fish free, since I don't have to pay for happy...

Btw that wasnt a shot at you... I hope my hatred of math didnt seem like a hatred of your "wonderful" math problems... ???

If money cant buy happiness, that why do I need a job? I mean, I should be getting these fish free, since I don't have to pay for happy...

Might help. If it doesn't you might want to get a small dehumidifier back there.

Worst case scenario, you will have to rethink placement of things (i.e. not having anything up against a wall so that moisture cannot become trapped).

Back
Top Bottom