What is your favorite freshwater fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
1. Any type of Cory
2. Red Cherry Shrimp
3. GBR but have never kept them.

I know they're somewhat common, but I really do love my mollies. They've got great personalities, they're hilarious to watch. They're also ridiculously friendly.

Now, I don't know about ALL Raphael cats, but I love *my* Raphael cat. His name is Zorb. He's hilariously grumpy. I rarely see him. But I feed him pellets. I usually put them just outside his hidey pipe by hand because otherwise the mollies will steal them. He comes out and grabs them. We have an understanding.

So after the mollies, I'd have to put cory cats. The're just great little guys who do their own thing around the tank. I like the albinos and pandas the best, but that may be because I have a thing for black and white.

Common. Goldfish. :)

Maybe just because of the one I have... Mr. Sunshine has his own old-man personality. I love seeing him happy!!!

I love that they're such a misunderstood fish too... all they need is someone who knows how to give them the care they need, and they'll thrive! I love that about Mr. Sunshine. I love feeling like I can take good care of him and give him a happy life!

I breed,goldfish,endlers,guppies,platys,swordtails and mollies. But my favorite is black swordtails.

My senegal bichir is one of my favorite fish. He has such a personality. He doesn't hide much, and I often hand feed him, so we have a sort of bond forged by food.

I also really like my colony of Neolamprologus multifasciatus. They're such beautiful little fish. And the fry are especially cute!

Either the betta or neon tetras. The betta because almost if not all betta have a unique personality and neons because of their color

Pseudomugil furcata. They are so pretty. Very active. It's fun to watch them flare.

Pea puffers are underwater helicopter puppies. They're timid vicious killers. Absolutely hilarious.

I love my guppies! I can't NOT have guppies in my life. They are just so pretty and full of personality!

#1. Red terror (Festae) - keep 6
#2. Green terror (R) - keep 1
#3. Silver dollar (Maculatus - Spotted) - keep 11

I really love my featherfin catfish... featherfin synodontis. I had a 14 year old at one time. This one is about 2 or 3 years old now

35255649981_95b7bd356c_h.jpg

but to actually pick a favorite would be hard because there are so many cool fish / invertebrate etc..

I really enjoy my Glofish tetras. Very playful fish always waiting for me at the glass

35345642656_927ff399dc_h.jpg

and oto cats are awesome little worker bees

34575652073_84c00ebf29_h.jpg

Bettas, beautiful and easily get to recognize you and swim up when you go to tank. Clown Loaches, very pretty, funny in bigger groups (5+), but quite shy and hidey, giving Bold Betta the edge

Kuhli loaches are the cutest fish! They look like little eels!

I've only had these fish for a couple weeks, but my favorite has to be Apistogramma agassizii "Double Red". By far, they are the most peaceful cichlids that I have ever had (even more than Rams).

6cppoVg.jpg

XW7GMNV.jpg

Kuhli Loaches are good fish too. Very hardy!

I love my peacock gudgeons. They are so colorful and they are always trying to flair and breed. They are amazing fish

Back
Top Bottom