What kind of catfish too get?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gazillion

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey! Ive been wanting a catfish since I had my tank and I dont know what kind to get help me out?

If you have the capacity for a Synodontis Eupterus (aka upside-down catfish, aka featherfin catfish, aka squeaker catfish), get one! They do get to be about 8 inches, but are completely peaceful and are great to watch. They also do an awesome job at cleaning up spare food.

The issue is that a lot of catfish can get anywhere from 6-12 inches long, so unless you have a very large tank they will outgrow it.

Cory Catfish and Otos are both great fish that won't get very big (and can even go in something as small as a 10 gallon)

I have a 35 gallon tank with tetras Mollies danios a betta a black shark and one panda cory

yup, i'll bet that panda cory is a lonely little guy :( i would definitely get him a few buddies. so my vote goes to 3+ more cories. how many tetras/mollies/danios do you already have? and what kind of tetras are they? and what kind of shark do you have??? if it's the black shark that i think you should get rid of it or put it in a larger tank ASAP. it gets to be like 2 feet long!!!!

To be specific... More Panda Cories, your lone Panda is a Sad Panda... LOL.

They are MUCH happier in shoals of at least 6 fish, and the more the merrier.
In the wild they roam in shoals numbering from hundreds to thousands, yes thousands of fish in one school.

Several species of cat/pleco stay rather small, <4".
Common in the trade are Clown Pleco, Rubberlip/Bulldog Pleco, South American Bumblebee cat (a favorite of mine), Banjo cats and more.

then why do you have one? maybe you should find a better home for it. a friend, or maybe the LFS?

Why do you hate them? :( Maybe you'd like him more if he had some friends and was more active. I honestly dont think I could hate any fish.

i'd take it, too. i'm planning on getting some panda cories.... where in canada are you? i'm only and hour or two from montreal

Back
Top Bottom